eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack, is it possibile to add game and/or localized version of a game?

AmintaMister

eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack, is it possibile to add game and/or localized version of a game?

Unread post by AmintaMister »

First of all THANKS for this beautiful work!

I have two questions before finally install this pack on my Mister:

1) can I add my own game of choice (for example I would like to add Celtics vs. Lakers that work with MT32) ?

2) can I add a localized versione of an existing game? (for example I would like to add the Italian version of Dune)? ?

Many thanks in advance!
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Re: eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack, is it possibile to add game and/or localized version of a game?

Unread post by flynnsbit »

1) Yes, use the top item in the menu that says --Manually Added Games. That will bring you over to Launchbox and you can add you custom games over there. It's not a perfect solution but it was what I could do at the time.

2) yes, just overwrite what is in E:/games/DUNE1992 or add you game along side it and modify the DUNE 1_start.bat script to have two option for you, US, and Italian.
AmintaMister

Re: eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack, is it possibile to add game and/or localized version of a game?

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 am 1) Yes, use the top item in the menu that says --Manually Added Games. That will bring you over to Launchbox and you can add you custom games over there. It's not a perfect solution but it was what I could do at the time.

2) yes, just overwrite what is in E:/games/DUNE1992 or add you game along side it and modify the DUNE 1_start.bat script to have two option for you, US, and Italian.
THANKS!
AmintaMister

AmintaMister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:25 pm
flynnsbit wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 am 1) Yes, use the top item in the menu that says --Manually Added Games. That will bring you over to Launchbox and you can add you custom games over there. It's not a perfect solution but it was what I could do at the time.

THANKS!
Sorry, two more questions:

1) I've successfully added manually two games, just to know, where are saved the custom infos (like title, commands etc) for each of this games?

2) " add you game along side it and modify the DUNE 1_start.bat script" I'm afraid I've not understood, please can you give me a more detailed example?

Last but not least: today I've watched your beautiful tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBkEm0lGsI about how to create a TDL-Mister compatible structure starting from eXoDOS and launching TDL Python-based indexer. But what if I want UPDATE the index adding progressively new games? Maybe merging the FILES.IDX e TITLES.IDX, but how?

Still thanks!
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

I would also like to edit the ".idx" files because I will only have 250 and I need to delete the other games that I won't use in the list, how do I do?
dehydrated lemur

Unread post by dehydrated lemur »

Can you explain to me how to add games manually. I am a little confused about the process and not TOO familiar with DOS.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

dehydrated lemur wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Can you explain to me how to add games manually. I am a little confused about the process and not TOO familiar with DOS.
Thats going to be rough if you are not familiar with DOS. You would install whatever DOS game you wanted just like you would have back in the 90s (or copy a game from the ExoDOS library and then you would add it and then once you know the game is working you would find the path to the game .EXE and add it to the -Manually Added Games section (It is a different frontend with its own configuration.
dehydrated lemur

Everytime I try to run install.exe it says it must be from original disk. I'm using a floppy img
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Try write-protecting the disk. Some use a write check as a test to see if a disk is original. Older MacOS install CDs did that a lot, for instance, to make sure you weren't trying to install from a hard drive.

If that doesn't work, it may want to install from a CD image instead.
dehydrated lemur

Wouldnt I need to disable write protection? I'll try both
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

The program shouldn't be able to write to the floppy image... toggle whatever you need to.

If that doesn't work, you probably need the CD image.