Neo Geo Pocket

Le_Gil

Re: Neo Geo Pocket

Unread post by Le_Gil »

dshadoff wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:31 pm He is currently working on the WonderSwan.
Maybe NGPC is the next one, fingers crossed. I am really looking forward to testing Guilty Gear Mini with my arcade stick though 8-)
dmckean

Unread post by dmckean »

Le_Gil wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:01 am
dshadoff wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:31 pm He is currently working on the WonderSwan.
Maybe NGPC is the next one, fingers crossed. I am really looking forward to testing Guilty Gear Mini with my arcade stick though 8-)
I think he'g going to try to tackle either Jaguar or Virtual Boy after the WonderSwan. It could be a while before we see New Geo Pocket unless another developer is working on it hasn't announced it to anyone.
KremlingKuthroat19

Unread post by KremlingKuthroat19 »

I'm personally really hoping for Jaguar. It'd be great just to have a perfect Jaguar simulation and also get Jaguar CD because there is currently no Jaguar CD emulator out there.

The way I look at it is that it's simply a process of elimination. Once a core is finished then that means that it's more likely that your favorite core will be next. Once the Saturn, WonderSwan and PS1 cores are done, then that's 3 FPGA devs that could tackle the Neo Geo Pocket as their next core. That's not also including Kitrinx or any other devs I'm forgetting to mention now. It'll get done eventually :)

Look at the bright side. At least you're better off than weirdos like me who want a 3DO and CD-i core lol
retro

Unread post by retro »

dmckean wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:46 pm I think he'g going to try to tackle either Jaguar or Virtual Boy after the WonderSwan. It could be a while before we see New Geo Pocket unless another developer is working on it hasn't announced it to anyone.
I'm curious to see how Virtual Boy would work.

If a Virtual Boy core does happen, I would love to see it include 3D TV support :)
dmckean

Unread post by dmckean »

retro wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:23 am
dmckean wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:46 pm I think he'g going to try to tackle either Jaguar or Virtual Boy after the WonderSwan. It could be a while before we see New Geo Pocket unless another developer is working on it hasn't announced it to anyone.

If a Virtual Boy core does happen, I would love to see it include 3D TV support :)
FPGAzumSpass's core would only be 2D as he has trouble seeing 3D. Someone else would need to add it later.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

dmckean wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:51 am
retro wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:23 am

FPGAzumSpass's core would only be 2D as he has trouble seeing 3D. Someone else would need to add it later.
You don't have to be able to see 3D to develop it though. It is just a matter of showing the left and right eye images as half over-under (for passive 3D TVs) or half side-by-side. Another option would be anaglyph, for red/blue glasses, for people without a 3D display.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

FPGAzumspass is working on adding 2 player split screen to the GBC core, but has mentioned he might do a 2D only Virtualboy core which would be great. He also mentioned he wouldn't do Sony Pocketstation or Pokémon Mini, which is a shame but fair play to him.

Jotego is working on NGPC however, so that one should be coming pretty soon but sadly won't be in main.