NEO GEO - mslug - Two Player Controls Input - IPAC

BabaYaga326

NEO GEO - mslug - Two Player Controls Input - IPAC

Unread post by BabaYaga326 »

I can configure P1 controls fine on my IPAC a keyboard joystick controller. I’m having a problem though getting all the buttons to register on the P2 side as intended.

I seem to understand that NUM LOCK cycles between joystick 1 and joystick 2. Since there is only 1 coin and 1 start button to configure, it seems the only way to input a coin (or START) for P2 is to cycle from the joystick 1 to joystick 2 option using the NUM LOCK. But then them P2’s jump button is on P1’s jump button. The only way to return P1’s control to normal is to change from joystick 2 to joystick 1 using the NUM LOCK key.

So once in a game, P2’s shoot button is B (not A), P2’s grenade button is correct (C). but…P2’s jump button (it should be P2 ‘B’) is now P1’s B button? If you cycle back to joystick 1 via NUM LOCK, then P1’s B button actuates the P1 jump button as intended.

All the videos I’ve seen online (YouTube) have made it seem much easier than this. I’ve been led to believe that configuring an IPAC to work with MISTER was as easy as configuring P1 controls and the P1 controls were automatically mirrored onto P2 controls. In reality, it doesn’t seem that easy…but, who knows? it might be core dependent as so many of these control input/configuration issues seem to be.

Anyone have a better understanding on how to get IPAC controls on P1 and P2 working independently and correctly?
BabaYaga326

Re: NEO GEO - mslug - Two Player Controls Input - IPAC

Unread post by BabaYaga326 »

I believe this thread covers my concerns…
viewtopic.php?t=448