MAME Folder

PauloCastor

MAME Folder

Unread post by PauloCastor »

Where should I put the folder with the mame roms?
I bought a bigger memory card last Christmas and after doing a new mister installation all jotego cores appear as if they are missing the roms.
Stupid Dufus

Re: MAME Folder

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

I have mine in:
/media/fat/_Arcade/mame
and
/media/fat/_Arcade/hbmame

Not really sure why there are two folders, but that's how one of the scripts I ran did it.
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

PauloCastor wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:57 pm Where should I put the folder with the mame roms?
I bought a bigger memory card last Christmas and after doing a new mister installation all jotego cores appear as if they are missing the roms.
I feel like if you run the "update all" script, it adds what you need exactly where you need. No need to add anything yourself.
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Stupid Dufus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:35 am Not really sure why there are two folders, but that's how one of the scripts I ran did it.
hbmame stands for HomeBrew MAME. It's MAME but it is capable of running homebrew/hacked MAME roms. The hbmame folder on the MiSTer is there so you can put those hacked versions of the roms into it. Check the .mra files for what specific information as to what roms are supported by the core.
birdybro~