Final Fight CPS2 will not work

Ross_Jolet

Final Fight CPS2 will not work

Unread post by Ross_Jolet »

Has anyone else had a problem with getting update_all to install Final Fight CPS2? I already deleted everything in my _Arcade folder as well as my games/mame folder. After that I ran update_all. The only error I get is on ffightae_cps2.zip. When I try to run the game it tries to load the rom then says "GAMES/MAME/QSOUND.ZIP/FF-3M. 5AFF-3M. 5A NOT FOUND". I have deleted and reinstalled everything like this several times with the same result. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated!

kubbie

Re: Final Fight CPS2 will not work

Unread post by kubbie »

I had no problem running Final Fight. I used the update_all script Friday and saw there were lots of Jtego's cores being removed and -readded and I ran another update_all today and saw the same thing with Jtego's cores.

pbsk8

Unread post by pbsk8 »

final fight is cps1.

dickhardpill

Unread post by dickhardpill »

Code: Select all

_Arcade/_Arcade\ Offset/_CP\ System\ II/Final\ Fight\ 30th\ Anniversary\ CPS2\ Edition\ \(World\ 891214\).mra

more info

prenetic

Unread post by prenetic »

Same here. Started fresh with the arcade cores since I had some Jotego premium cores mixed in and grew tired of updating the beta key. Now when updating I receive the error for ffightae_cps2.zip. From the previous post it looks like this is coming in from the Arcade Offset cores?

Ross_Jolet

Unread post by Ross_Jolet »

prenetic wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:11 pm

Same here. Started fresh with the arcade cores since I had some Jotego premium cores mixed in and grew tired of updating the beta key. Now when updating I receive the error for ffightae_cps2.zip. From the previous post it looks like this is coming in from the Arcade Offset cores?

It is in fact in the Arcade Offset cores. I really wish I could get it working though. Final Fight is one of my favorite games of all time and I would love to play it with that sweet Q-sound!

dickhardpill

Unread post by dickhardpill »

ffightae_cps2.zip doesn't seem to be available through the usual suspects. I don't know when it disappeared. I started backing up my /media/fat/games/mame folder before updating or starting from scratch. Really my whole game folder.