WARNING! update_all.ini will be ignored.

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
grizzly

WARNING! update_all.ini will be ignored.

Unread post by grizzly »

I recently started over on my SD card with a new install/update_all and so on.
And i now have this error
NEW CHANGE! As of 2021.07.17, Update All will now look for INI files
stored in the same folder as update_all.sh
Any INI files at /media/fat/scripts will be ignored.

WARNING! /media/fat/scripts/update_all.ini will be ignored.
/media/fat/Scripts/update_all.ini will be used instead.
WARNING! /media/fat/scripts/update_names-txt.ini will be ignored.
/media/fat/Scripts/update_names-txt.ini will be used instead.

Waiting 30 seconds because of the warning messages...
One small reason for the start over was that i did have that error for a while before BUT then it was because the ini files was in a different folder then the update_all.sh so an understandable error msg was thrown out.
But the above error msg is NOT understandable at all that file will be ignored but will be used instead???

If i remove the ini files the first run after do not have the error until the ini files are saved (by the update_all.sh script) again then the error are back the next run.
WHY????? Anyone else gets this as well?

I do run one sd card and the one and only thing a bit out of the ordinary is i do have a symlink for the AO486 folder in the games folder going too my nas (and that works fine).
Flandango
Core Developer

Re: WARNING! update_all.ini will be ignored.

Unread post by Flandango »

Just move your update_all.ini file into the /media/fat/Scripts folder.
Linux is case sensitive and is expecting the Scripts folder to start with an upper-case S.
While I haven't looked at the code (old and/or new), its possible that in the past in will check the lower cased scripts folder along with the Scripts folder and now it doesn't.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Already in Scripts folder (a BIG S that is).
Never had an scripts folder with a small s on the sd card since the restart, and i do not think that i had one before either.

I did just think about i used my old mister.ini so checked that but has nothing about update_all in it (did not thinks o either).
And NO no other ini files is used from the old install all other is newly made using the mr fusion installer and update_all (none is manually made/moved).
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

How are you running update all?

Looking at the code and that error message, it thinks you are in the directory '/media/fat/scripts' which it detects as different than '/media/fat/Scripts' due to linux-isms with case insensitive file systems.

Basically, if you are running it from the command line, cd to /media/fat/Scripts (note the upper case S). If you do cd /media/fat/scripts and then run the update_all.sh script, it will think you are in the wrong directory even though you aren't.

The script probably needs to detect that by canoncalizing the names with readlink -f or something
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

I run the script over SSH/putty and yep i did use small s in the scripts.
Changing to big S solved it!

Thanks Zakk.