saves folder on remote share not working

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Snazz

saves folder on remote share not working

Unread post by Snazz »

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some guidance on how to get the fat/saves folder in a remote share? I have no problem with running games from my network drive, but for some rason I can't get MiSTer to see the save files in my network share. My remote share has the following folder structure:

/remote_share/MiSTer/games
/remote_share/MiSTer/saves
/remote_share/MiSTer/saves/SNES (etc etc etc)

/remote_share/MiSTer/games mounts to fat/games and it works fine - no issues whatsoever
/remote_share/MiSTer/saves SEEMS to mount ok - I can see the subfolders in fat/saves when CIFS is on (the actual saves folder in the SD card is empty), but for some reason the games do not see / recognize the save files.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: FIXED - the problem was that the MiSTer had read only access to the network share. Setting it to read + write fixed the issue. Odd how that prevented the MiSTer from even seeing the save files.
Malan

Re: saves folder on remote share not working

Unread post by Malan »

Tried to delete the "saves" folder itself on your SD card (it will be automaticaly recreated at bootup anyway), that way you'll know it will be cleaned.

Then, check your cifs_mount script and make sure you have LOCAL_DIR="*" and SINGLE_CIFS_CONNECTION="true" (I think you must run cifs_unmount and cifs_mount again, but do it anyway just to be sure)

If none of this works, try to update the MiSTer?
Snazz

Re: saves folder on remote share not working

Unread post by Snazz »

As it turns out the MiSTer had read only access to the network share. Setting it to read + write fixed the issue. Thanks for the suggestions, Mlan!