One year with the MiSTer

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
lamarax
Top Contributor

One year with the MiSTer

Unread post by lamarax »

Today marks my 1st anniversary with the device.

I still can't fathom how good it is. I'm everyday engaged with this thing; I'm rushing home to check for updates. I've even forgot what modern PC gaming means; GabeN must be mad at me :)

I welcome you to express and share your experience with the community. Let's celebrate!
Thedad

Re: One year with the MiSTer

Unread post by Thedad »

I'm two and a bit years in. Absolutely stunning bit of kit that never stops giving.
Every day, I still get the hairs standing on the back of my neck.

Cheers to more cores and more fun.
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Unread post by bazza_12 »

Mid 2018 I got mine.. still incredible bit of kit.. gutted that my 14" 31 year old colour portable crt tv with scart, went kaputt last night.. yet the MiSTer keeps on truckin' .. many thanks to sorg for this amazing device and to the community for continual development..
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
Jlz

Unread post by Jlz »

I'm three months in and feel I've barely scratched the surface of what the machine can do.

I've been exploring the libraries of systems I've never had access to before, like the X68000, MegaCD, PC Engine CD and MSX. So many great games I'd never even heard of.
zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

I'm about a year in and am now able to play, on their native formats, games I've read about for years! All those articles in Retro Gamer, Edge retrospectives and friends' recommendations from the machines they grew up with - like the Apple II, the MSX and the Archimedes.

I just need to sort out it's user interface. I think I may need another two MISTers. One for classic PCs, maybe in an A600 caseand one each for horizontal and vertical arcade games - plus two MISTercades as well.

It's starting to look expensive :-)

Great system, congratulations to everyone involved!
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

I had my first one since June 2017... now I have 5 in different builds
(2 in arcade cabs, one for travel, one for the TV, one as a computer...)

And it's not expensive when you consider an arcade PCB or original consoles could cost you as much, if not more ;)
Narenek

Unread post by Narenek »

I'm about a year in now and love it. I'm mainly a PC gamer but for quick blasts I default to the mister. It just looks and plays great and a Sony Trinitron CRT

It's relegated my Japanese MD with Mega Sd and Japanese Saturn with Mode to the sidelines, and I love those things.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I'm having a lot of fun tinkering with it, without even playing games. We are really spoiled with the constant interesting updates for it.

I'm receiving some components to build a TTY2OLED in a moment, really looking forward to that (the custom PCB for it is still stuck in customs though). I have an RGB fan on its way as well, which should work well with my acrylic housing.
And I also received an Itsy Bitsy board yesterday to build a MiSTer interface for my Jogcon.

Building a MiSTer a few weeks before the first lock-down was a thing has been a great decision.