Is there a way to ignore specific cores?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
EvilRyu

Is there a way to ignore specific cores?

Unread post by EvilRyu »

I am not a newcomer to MiSTer but I have a doubt that probably many have. Is there a way to tell the update or update_all scripts to ignore certain cores? While I love the nature of MiSTer and the constant progress and new cores being released, I find myself only using a handful of them on a regular basis and don't like having to scroll through the list.

I know one workaround would be to stop update_all from organising the core names and adding a ZZZ in front of the cores I don't use to make sure they fall to the bottom of the list use but it's not pretty.
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Is there a way to ignore specific cores?

Unread post by akeley »

EvilRyu

Unread post by EvilRyu »

Thank you, I completely forgot about that setting!
EvilRyu

Unread post by EvilRyu »

I have got it working now but I see that one of the limitations of doing this is that it doesn't work with the newer downloader if you are using the update_all script with the default settings. It is not the end of the world and I have configured it to use the old update.sh one but now the update process takes a lot longer again. Oh well, you cannot have everything!
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

The new updater has configuration options listed as a planned feature, so just give it time and it should get there! It looks like it's also intended to get integrated into the main MiSTer menu too so that'll be nice.

4UA6xQZ.jpeg
4UA6xQZ.jpeg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 4176 times