Custom vsync_adjust core settings in MiSTer.ini

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
NerdENerd

Custom vsync_adjust core settings in MiSTer.ini

Unread post by NerdENerd »

I have vsync_adjust=2 in my MiSTer.ini and this works on my TV for nearly everything I use except a few arcade cores like Donkey Kong Junior and Donkey Kong 3. My screen just flickers and keeps going blank.

If I want to add a custom setting do I use the core name? The mra name? If I add

[DonkeyKongJunior]
vsync_adjust=1

or

[Donkey Kong Junior]
vsync_adjust=1

Neither of these seem to work even though I can create a MiSTer_alt_1.ini with vsync_adjust=1 and it works when I switch config to alt 1. I can live with having to switch config when I have refresh rate issues on the very few core it affects but don't know what I am doing wrong to have core specific settings in my main ini.
zakk4223

Re: Custom vsync_adjust core settings in MiSTer.ini

Unread post by zakk4223 »

Try "dkongjr'.

For Arcade/MRA based games, you can either use the 'core name' or the 'set name'. That core still has the internal name set to 'A.DKONGJ' so I suppose that would work too.

If you want to know a section name that will always 100% work, look on the left side of the OSD menu; the set/core name is displayed there.
NerdENerd

Unread post by NerdENerd »

Cheers,
dkongjr worked. It seems the vertical text when you bring up the menu is the name of the core not the rbf file name which is what I was trying.
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

I tried to add it to "mister.ini" and the test I performed on Arcade Xevious had no effect!

[xevious]
vsync_adjust=1

or

[xevious]
vsync_adjust=0