Any Luma Adapters for picky '86 Sony DXR

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Slypty

Any Luma Adapters for picky '86 Sony DXR

Unread post by Slypty »

My favorite CRT, the Sony KV-25DXR really doesn't like Composite on H.Sync for its' Sync processing. It's a 15Khz TV only, and will really only take Composite or Luma signals.

My setup is the I/O Analog board using VGA to Component Cables.
The Component goes to my GBS-C, and outputs VGA.
The VGA then goes in to Mike Chi's VGA to SCART adapter.
Finally the SCART pins are wired to my RGB-32 Pin IDE Input (This TV uses an IDE interface for RGB.)

The only Systems I can get to work on this TV with RGB have been my N64 with the BortiAdvanced using SCART output (I bypass the VGA2SCART components and hook the SCART directly up to Mike Chi's VGA2SCART board, directly to the SCART input.)

My Saturn SCART Cable would scroll horizontally using the same technique, so I bridged Luma to CSync and magically that worked.

So, from experience I can say that the DXR accepts Luma and Composite Sync. It does not accept Composite on H.Sync, or even a joined H.Sync and V.Sync signal. Both seem to scroll...

So, I've tried all types of video settings on the .ini and passthru/downscaling on the GBS-C. I have the video Adjusted for H.Sync on Composite, scaler, forced linedoubling etc.. nothing works. I have my video settings set to:
video_mode = 320, 8, 32, 24, 240, 4, 3, 16, 6048
Is there ANY method to get MiSTer to output a Luma signal, even with the use of an alternative adapter? I'd just prefer at this point to use an alternative solution. Thanks