Bug? MiSTer display shifted left after running core. Affects all other cores until power cycle.

teknomedic

Bug? MiSTer display shifted left after running core. Affects all other cores until power cycle.

Unread post by teknomedic »

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/PSX_MiSTer/issues/96

I posted this on the github, but more eyes on this might be helpful. I don't think it's isolated to my setup, but would be helpful to know for certain.

"After running the PSX core (even without running a game) the MiSTer begins displaying all video output shifted to the left. This is persistent on all cores (Including PSX) once triggered. It would be difficult to notice if you keep all content in 4:3 mode on a small display.

On my 75" LCD display this moves content to the left several inches and cuts off text if running something like the Update_All script. I also noted this will cause visual issues in other cores as well. When I ran the SNES core and changed aspect ratio I noted graphical issues in areas that would normally be "hidden" as if the core was attempting to fill in the area with duplicated pixels.

Only power cycling the MiSTer fixes this
Power cycling my display and AVR do not help. Switching cores does not help. Resetting/rebooting MiSTer does not help."
teknomedic

Re: Bug? MiSTer display shifted left after running core. Affects all other cores until power cycle.

should be fixed in next release.
neodivad

Re: Bug? MiSTer display shifted left after running core. Affects all other cores until power cycle.

Unread post by neodivad »

I also posted this on Github.

I ran into the same issue. After running the PSX core the picture would shift left and up slightly, sometimes with a purple line at the bottom of screen. It affected all cores and wouldn't go away after rebooting. The issue disappeared only after completely powering off.

After the most recent updates on May 17 the issue persists even after my MiSter was off all night. As soon as it was powered on today I noticed the "tv static" background had a garbled mess on the right side of the screen and the text was cut off during the update all script.
teknomedic

yeah, seems worse now. I think the HDMI settings have been adjusted based on a recent update post. Now it seems my MiSTer is stuck with the off center video and power cycles no longer fix it. ha. Fun, fun.

Anyone else having this issue?
dyne

Unread post by dyne »

I noticed it after getting back to the main game menu while playing Medal of Honor yesterday. Using a 55" C7. It's not a massive shift but it's noticeable. I've also had an issue the last two week after running update_all. MiSTer won't auto reboot when finished, nor will any button presses register to force a reboot. I have to manually reboot from the MiSTer case itself or turn it off and back on.