Artifact in Reshoot R (with HDMI connection)

pedranic

Artifact in Reshoot R (with HDMI connection)

Unread post by pedranic »

Hello,

I am a MiSTer user, and trying Reshoot R game I can see an artifact at the beginning of the game. There is a graphic scrolling effect that has a "glitch".

I have tried it on CRT and it is not.

I write it here because it could be useful to make some improvement.

Thanks and congratulations for this great job!

H4Zwhmn.mp4
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
mahen

Re: Artifact in Reshoot R (with HDMI connection)

Unread post by mahen »

Hi ! I've just tried and... I do not experience this glitch at all. There is just a slight flicker on the "LEVEL 1. FIRST RESORT" text and that's all.
Can you tell us some more about your configuration ?
mahen

Re: Artifact in Reshoot R (with HDMI connection)

Unread post by mahen »

On second thought... This is probably due to the way your monitor reacts to the single-buffering / low-latency mode ? Can you turn back to double buffering to check ?

I'm referring to this option :

Code: Select all

vsync_adjust

Sets the vsync buffer mode for HDMI output. This setting does not affect direct video or analog output from the IO board.

Some HDMI displays can accept somewhat non-standard signals, allowing for lower display latency with MiSTer. It is recommended that you start with a setting of 0, and then try modes 1 and 2 to see if they work with your display or capture device. Different cores will have different results.

vsync_adjust=0 Default. Buffered 60hz HDMI video output, compatible with most HDMI devices.

vsync_adjust=1 Adjust output HDMI Vsync to match original Vsync. Lower latency than mode 0, but less compatible.

vsync_adjust=2 Low-latency mode, using the system's native pixel clock. This mode has the lowest latency, but it's the least-compatible.