Minimig Newbie Advice

retrodroid

Minimig Newbie Advice

Unread post by retrodroid »

I'd like to get the Minimig core working on my setup, with a VGA CRT monitor via analog output.

However, I have no hands-on experience with Amigas at all, and the documentation I've seen isn't tailored to the MiSTer core and seems daunting at best.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial of any kind on how to get this working?

Any help is appreciated.
Bas
Top Contributor

Re: Minimig Newbie Advice

Unread post by Bas »

Doesn't it just work with the scandoublerfx enabled? Should be mostly plug and play. The VGA CRT won't sync to the native output from the Amiga so that's what the scandoubler is for. It'll bring timings up to spec for a VGA monitor.
retrodroid

When I run it I get "No Kickstart loaded. Halted."
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Easy Mode: look for htgdb-gamepacks on archive.org, download Minimig MegaAGS hdf, follow instructions in readme

Old School Mode: find some Kickstart images on the net and put them in fat/games/Amiga/ folder. Best get kickstart 1.3 for A500 (and 3.1 for A1200). Then you will be able to run .adf disk images on A500 config. Next step would be making your own HDD hdf with Workbench install and WHDload games for A1200...but you are most likely downloading MegaAGS now, so no point elaborating ;)
retrodroid

Wow, that was as near a perfect response as I can imagine! Exactly what I was hoping for, I'm up and running via "Easy Mode" for now. I am able to dump out to the desktop or whatever it's called as well to try different applications, etc.

Thanks! 8-)