USB Hub Sometimes Does Not Start With MiSTer

patamar4

USB Hub Sometimes Does Not Start With MiSTer

Unread post by patamar4 »

Hello, do not know if it is normal behavior of the USB hub, but several times it does not start along with mister and I have to turn everything off, connect only the mister in the power and as soon as it turns on the I/O led and turn on the power in the hub.

Strange that the USB port that is only power works and the linux does not recognize the board, I tested it in Windows recognizes normally, what I want to know is if the board has any problems or if this behavior is normal not to start a few times together.

Before used a separate power supply one for mister and one for the USB hub and always gave this problem, now I'm using arcade power supply from 15a both connected on it and also of that problem.

Thanks
Ryuoken

Re: USB Hub Sometimes Does Not Start With MiSTer

Unread post by Ryuoken »

This sometimes also happens to me. Needs a few reboots until it starts. My power supply has 5.0V and 3.0A.
patamar4

Unread post by patamar4 »

Thanks for answering me, by the way it can happen then, is that there are hours that take to catch and makes me angry 🤣
CmputrBlu

Unread post by CmputrBlu »

I've seen this happen recently as well. Didn't happen when I'm first put the thing together, but suddenly it's like the wireless won't start, or the wireless mini keyboard will disconnect. The former didn't happen before but recently got a new wireless dongle that's listed as compatible so I can get 5G. I wonder if it's power issue. I upgraded my power supply recently, but it's beefier than the last one and is definitely putting out slightly more than 5 volts. This is with the MiSTer Hub 2.1 with Bridge Board
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

You may try to shuffle USB devices' ports. Some devices may interfere the work of each other when connected to specific ports.

Separate power supplies is not a good idea. Everything needs to get power at the same time when you turn MiSTer on.