MT32-Pi questions

pgimeno
Top Contributor

MT32-Pi questions

Unread post by pgimeno »

I just got a MT32-Pi hat for MiSTer. The cable has not arrived yet, so it's not connected to the MiSTer, but wanted to ask:

Is it normal that the hat doesn't turn on if the MiSTer cable is not attached and there's no USB-MIDI interface?

Is it normal that there's no console output whatsoever (via the HDMI of the Pi)? Not even any messages from the kernel?

It's a Raspberry Pi Model 3B. The HDMI screen stays black all the time. Editing config.txt in the SD card and setting disable_splash=0 makes the rainbow splash screen appear, which tells me that the SD is being read. That's irrespective of whether the hat is attached or not. The ROMs are in place as well as some extra soundfonts.

ETA: Switching to the original SD card makes the Pi boot normally (with no MT32 emulation of course).
ETA2: The green LED goes on for about 20 seconds, then off and stays that way flashes occasionally.
d0pefish
mt32-pi Creator

Re: MT32-Pi questions

Unread post by d0pefish »

It sounds like you have not correctly adjusted the config file for the MiSTer HAT.

If you followed the README, you would have eventually ended up here, where it is explained how to enable the screen, buttons etc: https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wik ... tion#setup

Please see the FAQ for why there's no HDMI output: https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wik ... ed-to-boot
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

Indeed that was the issue. I hate when it happens to me that the users' problems are RTFM-related, so it's really embarrassing to fall into that myself. Please accept my apologies.
d0pefish
mt32-pi Creator

Unread post by d0pefish »

No problem - enjoy :)