Street Fighter Core - Kick Harness - JPAC setup

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
80sArcadeKid

Street Fighter Core - Kick Harness - JPAC setup

Unread post by 80sArcadeKid »

Hi, I was hoping peeps who have done this may have some insight.
Setup currently (before a MiSTercade arrives!) is a simple analog I/O board into a JPAC.

I've connected buttons 5 & 6 for both players from what I believe is my kick harness connector on a Namco Cyberleoad JVS board.
All buttons except Player 2 medium kick (button 5) work.

I'm trying to determine if it's a MisTer core config, a JPAC, or a harness issue?
I've used some arduino jumper wires to test the setup, Player 1 buttons 5&6, and Player 2 button 6 works.

I've mapped that button as a fire button (p2 - button 5) to other cores to test and it works, so I know the button is working through the JPAC.
The only other thing left is a MiSTer core configuration issue?

PS: Note the GND is not hooked up on the JPAC, the other buttons seem to work regardless - must be through the JVC GND?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
80sArcadeKid

Re: Street Fighter Core - Kick Harness - JPAC setup

Unread post by 80sArcadeKid »

Ok figured this one out through trial and error so will post here for anyone with the exact same problem.

For some reason the Player 2 button 5 (medium kick) is mapped to the keyboard letter 'e' by default in the SF core.
Yet all other button except this one were mapped correctly by default.
I just spammed all the buttons on a keyboard plugged into the MiSTer when running a SF core.

So remapping the player 2 button 5 on the control panel to the keyboard letter 'e' (while in the core) worked.
No idea why all other buttons are mapped correclty by default on the JPAC, just not this one button.