Repurposing the mini consoles

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
BlackSpy

Repurposing the mini consoles

Unread post by BlackSpy »

I was looking at the new Capcom mini console, which is quite a neat looking thing anyway.
http://www.retrostationarcade.com/en/

I was thinking about how viable it's likely to be to swap in a Mister. The set up of the box and screen look pretty good, there is a USB out port in the case already so I think it could work neatly. I can't see any picture of it disassembled though, and not sure if getting another input the screen is going to be just about impossible.

Anyone seen one or got any thoughts?
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Repurposing the mini consoles

Unread post by Newsdee »

It seems a bit small to fit a MiSTer, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
BlackSpy

Unread post by BlackSpy »

Newsdee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:35 am It seems a bit small to fit a MiSTer, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
It's really not that small: 329 mm x 280 mm x 315 mm. The stick and buttons are apparently full size.
That's an 8 inch screen on it, it's way bigger than the little astro cabs, or SNK mini consoles. If this is a 'mini' then those need to become 'micro' (which actually I think they should be).

It may not fit though, or the internals may need modification to make it fit if there are various plastic struts and what have you. Right now, I feel more concerned with the ability to get a different device to input to the screen. It's something I've never done and have no idea if it's normally easy or I should assume it's near impossible.
Narenek

Unread post by Narenek »

That look's pretty cool. I wonder how good the stand alone fight stick is... looks a reasonable price. Even if the buttons and sticks aren't the best it might be cheap enough that replacing them and getting a good stick doesn't break the bank.