Violent Storm and other dream cores....

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: Violent Storm and other dream cores....

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

KremlingKuthroat19 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:18 am I really enjoy extremely old arcade games. @bellwood420 has done an excellent job of recreating a couple of discrete logic games. He made Breakout and recently just released Space Race. I love those early 70s arcade games because they're so simple in design. More of those would be a lot of fun. It's so satisfying to play a game where you simply just move a directional pad to play and you can get your parents to play with you.

Also, MiSTer is severely lacking in arcade light gun games. As far as I know, we have 0 arcade light gun games. The Jurassic Park game from Sega is a game I love as well as Area 51/Maximum Force, the original House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, and Lethal Enforcers to name a few. Light gun games need some love since it's essentially a dead genre in modern gaming. That Sinden lightgun looks like it'd be an awesome fit for a MiSTer setup too.
I agree on the old arcade games, I find them fascinating, a cool bit of gaming history.

I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have Operation Wolf on MiSTer. Especially with the new GunCon adapter coming more light gun games would be welcome.
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

+1 for Space Panic and Monaco GP.

Personally I would also like to see Buggy Challenge. I don't think that will be a popular choice, though. Edit: And Astro Fighter too.
crusher talos

Unread post by crusher talos »

robinsonb5 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:48 pm
crusher talos wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 pmSuch a fan of Space Harrier, all those scaling games are so much fun. I did manage to pick up the 3 game set of that collection in Japan.
Space Harrier would be my "Holy Grail" core. I'd also love to see Chase HQ and (probably more realistically) Dragon Breed.
Had to look up Dragon Breed, looks killer!