Turbo Tap PCE Multitap

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
pedroTFP

Turbo Tap PCE Multitap

Unread post by pedroTFP »

Hi,
my first post here, I just got a Mister. :-)

Everything is up and running, now I need an OTG; is this a viable solution? https://www.amazon.it/Turbo-ufficiale-E ... B07TDQYHQN
Can it work as an OTG and allow 2 players game in all cores for games that do not support multitap?
Like, playing SFII on Genesis with 2 USB controllers in port 1 and 2 of the multitap while having a keyboard, a BT dongle and a Wi-Fi dongle in ports 3/4/5?
breakbeatscientist

Re: Turbo Tap PCE Multitap

Unread post by breakbeatscientist »

I know the USB OTG Hub in this listing works perfectly but I can only find it bundled with Raspberry Pi zero on the Italian Amazon site https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0727YF3KP/
Here it is on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JL837X8/
pedroTFP

Thank you.
So, by logic, can I assume the PCE multitap may be seen by the Mister "just" as a common OTG? If it works, it would be just plug&play, right?
If yes, I'll try and report for the benefit of this community. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll just return it and get the one you linked. :-)
breakbeatscientist

pedroTFP wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:29 am Thank you.
So, by logic, can I assume the PCE multitap may be seen by the Mister "just" as a common OTG? If it works, it would be just plug&play, right?
If yes, I'll try and report for the benefit of this community. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll just return it and get the one you linked. :-)
The PCE Mini Multitap uses a USB Type-A connector this will not connect to the MiSTer. You need a USB OTG hub that uses a Micro USB Type-B connector. The DE-10 Nano only has one USB connector that can be used for USB peripherals and it's a USB Micro connection. I'm sure you can modify the PCE Mini Multitap and swap out the USB Type-A cable to a OTG USB Micro cable or find a Micro-B to USB-A adapter and still I would assume you have to modify the PCE Mini Multitap USB cable to make it an OTG cable. There are many tutorials on how to make your own OTG USB cable online. If you are set on using the PCE Mini Multitap then I think those are your choices, it must be modified or an adapter must be used.
pedroTFP

Thanks, I have the I\O board so I can use USB-A stuff (I already do).
I'll give it a try!
breakbeatscientist

pedroTFP wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 am Thanks, I have the I\O board so I can use USB-A stuff (I already do).
I'll give it a try!
So you should be good to go. I'm curious to know if it works.