8bitdo Gbros adapter

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
_ben_w

8bitdo Gbros adapter

Unread post by _ben_w »

Hi, is anyone using the 8bitdo Gbros adapter?

I don't see it listed on the amazing input latency doc and was wondering how it performs?

As far as I can tell it can be used wired or bluetooth and has Gamecube and Wii/NES Classic/SNES Classic ports so could open up the use of the the classic mini console controllers or even some of the third party wireless ones like 8bitdo's 2.4g for SNES classic (which is easier to find than their other Nintendo style 2.4g controllers) or the Hori Fighting Commander for SNES classic (which has mixed reviews but looks interesting to me).

I'll probably end up using it wired most of the time but it looks like a nice option for some flexibility with different controllers.
_ben_w

Re: 8bitdo Gbros adapter

Unread post by _ben_w »

So, I decided to just go for this since it was fairly cheap and available on Amazon with same-day delivery and I've tried a SNES Classic Mini controller and the 8bitdo 2.4g for SNES classic (both with the adapter just wired into the MiSTer because why waste the batteries...?).

So far I've been really impressed - everything feels super responsive to me (though I won't claim to be any kind of expert when it comes to detecting lag).