Low Latency Video Mode

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
BlockABoots

Low Latency Video Mode

Unread post by BlockABoots »

Should the Low Latency Video Mode (vsync_adjust=2) be compatible with most modern day LCD TVs or is this mode mainly for PC Monitors. I have a Samsung UE49UN8000 TV and when using this Low Latency mode especially with Arcade cores the scrolling is not smooth and judders slight with slight glitches.

Is there a way to sort this out other than using vsync_adjust=1 mode?
Threepwood

Re: Low Latency Video Mode

Unread post by Threepwood »

It is not meant for a specific type of display, but depends entirely on the device that you have and its capability to adapt to different pixel clocks and refresh rates, which is hit or miss, sadly.
BlockABoots wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:45 pm Samsung UE49UN8000 TV and when using this Low Latency mode especially with Arcade cores the scrolling is not smooth and judders slight with slight glitches.
My TV (Samsung as well) and monitor both can do "2", but there is judder on my Samsung 4k TV sometimes. It is not bad, though. I have not noticed judder on my PC monitor and afaik the only way to rectify this is indeed vsync_adjust=1.

You can find more info on the different vsync_adjust modes here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... -Explained

Just as a general hint regarding Samsung TVs: You kept in mind to enable game mode on your TV? At least on my TV the automatic dimming only gets deactivated when naming the hdmi port "PC" and not "Game Console". Both options disable post processing (which is "Game Mode"), but "game console" leaves the annoying dimming on, in case you suffer from that.
BlockABoots

Re: Low Latency Video Mode

Unread post by BlockABoots »

Yeah i have game mode enabled