Turbo Grafx 16 CD cheats?

dyne

Turbo Grafx 16 CD cheats?

Unread post by dyne »

I've had my MiSTer for about a week now. Everything is coming along pretty well (just got Neo Geo running on an external drive last night) and I like to think I can use google and the internet as well as the next person but where can somebody find Turbo Grafx 16 CD cheats?

According to the T16 Github (a site I learned to use after getting my MiSTer) you can use cheats with the CD core. "For CD-ROM game all cheats must be zipped into a single zip file and placed inside game's CD-ROM folder."

I absolutely cannot find any anywhere. Specifically looking for Ys IV Mask of the Sun but would like to get some for others.
dyne

Re: Turbo Grafx 16 CD cheats?

Unread post by dyne »

To answer my own question I came across Gamehacking.org. Are there any other sources besides that?

Also, I grabbed the "MiSTer" version of the cheats for Ys IV and put the zip into the folder with the game image. When I bring up the menu while playing I can see and select the cheats but none of them seem to work.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

Doesn't the Update All script download cheats for all systems, including PC Engine CD? Think that's where my PCE CD cheats came from.

Then yes, I had to move the relevant cheat zips to the disc images' folder and rename them to match the disc image filenames to make the OSD recognize them. Like so:

PEYuyZm.png
PEYuyZm.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 8981 times

They largely seem to work, also. (I have noticed some cheats not working in some games, across all systems. I think it's just because not all cheats included in the MiSTer archives are properly tested/vetted on MiSTer.)
she/her
dyne

Unread post by dyne »

Thank you for this. I haven't yet added the update all script to my setup. I'll be doing that when I try to get MAME up and running on an external drive I have coming by Friday.

So where did update all put the cheats originally? Is there a default cheats folder? (I haven't poked into the SD card after getting it up and running).
DiamondDave

Unread post by DiamondDave »

Theres a "cheats" menu and they are all put in a folder with the same name