Arcades "Shadow Mask" the amount!

marcelosofth

Arcades "Shadow Mask" the amount!

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Is it correct in Arcades Cores to have only 5 Shadow Mask? on Consoles and Computers you have dozens of options! :oops:
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: Arcades "Shadow Mask" the amount!

Unread post by lamarax »

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:39 pm Is it correct in Arcades Cores to have only 5 Shadow Mask? on Consoles and Computers you have dozens of options! :oops:
If by "arcade cores" you mean only the Jotego ones which were previously restricted to the 5 hardcoded selections that you mention, he has already updated those to use the full spectrum of video processing adjustments (i.e. presets, filters and .txt shadow masks). Run update_all with the 'JTCORES for MiSTer' option enabled in the .ini

As of last Friday, 'jtframe' supports the same exact functionality you can expect from the official framework (as implemented in most of the console, and some of the computer cores).

Edit: The arcade cores by Ace and Macro (too numerous to list here), also have the latest sys implemented, so check them out as well!
marcelosofth

lamarax wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:51 pm
marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:39 pm Is it correct in Arcades Cores to have only 5 Shadow Mask? on Consoles and Computers you have dozens of options! :oops:
If by "arcade cores" you mean only the Jotego ones which were previously restricted to the 5 hardcoded selection that you mention, he has already updated those to use the full spectrum of video processing adjustments (i.e. presets, filters and .txt shadow masks). Run update_all with the 'JTCORES for MiSTer' option enabled in the .ini

As of last Friday, 'jtframe' supports the same exact functionality you can expect from the official framework (as implemented in most of the console, and some of the computer cores).
I updated in "update_all" but the JT colors only have 5 Shadow mask available, I thought it was the same amount as there is on Consoles, is that right? only 5 Shadow masks?
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Did you take a look at the update_all .ini option I mentioned? Just as you execute the script, push up on your dpad/joystick to have the configurator come up.

If you're not a "patron" of Jotego's, you will not be able to assign controls in the beta cores and play, but you certainly get to see/adjust all the other 'standard' features of the framework. There are also many cores he has released to the public, such as the "Kicker" one lately, so why you don't just try?
marcelosofth

lamarax wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:36 pm Did you take a look at the update_all .ini option I mentioned? Just as you execute the script, push up on your dpad/joystick to have the configurator come up.

If you're not a "patron" of Jotego's, you will not be able to assign controls in the beta cores and play, but you certainly get to see/adjust all the other 'standard' features of the framework. There are also many cores he has released to the public, such as the "Kicker" one lately, so why you don't just try?
For example the Golden Ax that is from JT, for you what is the amount of Shadow Mask available? for me only 5 and I'm a patron and I ran Update_all!
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Ooh, now I see;

You need to go to the second page in the OSD to find the "video processing" menu! There you have it :)
MikkyTee

Unread post by MikkyTee »

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:46 pm
lamarax wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:36 pm Did you take a look at the update_all .ini option I mentioned? Just as you execute the script, push up on your dpad/joystick to have the configurator come up.

For example the Golden Ax that is from JT, for you what is the amount of Shadow Mask available? for me only 5 and I'm a patron and I ran Update_all!
Well it works for me, i have all the options for shadow masks since he issued the update on friday. Your update all didn't pull in the update it looks like. Do you have the new installer enabled, and jt beta cores enabled in the update options? If you still have only the 5 in the first page, and shadow masks are greyed out in the 'video processing' menu on the osd second page, then your still on the old version.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

I believe there's a deeper issue here which should be discussed, though it has already been brought to light at many instances before.

The dude above obviously got hold of an expired key for some redundant Jotego betas, so he's reluctant to update to the newest featured releases which would require an ongoing Patreon pledge.

So, who's at fault here? He who's stomping his feet demanding the latest features for an evolving open source project as if it's in his absolute "consumer right" (for which he did -mind you- have to invest quite a lot of real money judging by his country of origin, Brazil, with its exorbitant import taxes), or Jotego who's pursuing a luring (and lucrative) "marketing" policy?

I'm in no way pointing fingers left or right, just something to ponder about.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

lamarax wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:49 pm I believe there's a deeper issue here which should be discussed, though it has already been brought to light at many instances before.

The dude above obviously got hold of an expired key for some redundant Jotego betas, so he's reluctant to update to the newest featured releases which would require an ongoing Patreon pledge.

So, who's at fault here? He who's stomping his feet demanding the latest features for an evolving open source project as if it's in his absolute "consumer right" (for which he did -mind you- have to invest quite a lot of real money judging by his country of origin, Brazil, with its exorbitant import taxes), or Jotego who's pursuing a luring (and lucrative) "marketing" policy?

I'm in no way pointing fingers left or right, just something to ponder about.
Him having an outdated key wouldn't influence this at all, the jotego updater doesn't look for the jtbeta.zip DRM file or anything (unless Jose/theypsilon added that recently, but I highly doubt it since it wouldn't make sense). It's likely the person was confused by the fact that the "sneak peek" early form of the code from soltan (that Atrac17 ported into Jotego's cores too early...) was not fullly removed from his cores, despite him now adding support for the current method of shadowmasks that was finalized by soltan and sorgelig.
birdybro~