TMNT the Cowabunga Collection Xbox/PlayStation/Nintendo platforms

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Captain FPGA

TMNT the Cowabunga Collection Xbox/PlayStation/Nintendo platforms

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Was totally shellshocked when I heard the news!!!!

Count me in! Who else will be picking up this gem

Gnarly! :mrgreen:
Dreams don't die!
Hyper Space Squid

Re: TMNT the Cowabunga Collection Xbox/PlayStation/Nintendo platforms

Unread post by Hyper Space Squid »

Me! I'm a huge Ninja Turtles fan.

Really Hoping they release another volume with the 3 Konami PS2/Xbox/Gamecube 2003 Ninja Turtle games and the 2 Gameboy Advance games. :D
Captain FPGA

Hyper Space Squid wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:36 pm Me! I'm a huge Ninja Turtles fan.

Really Hoping they release another volume with the 3 Konami PS2/Xbox/Gamecube 2003 Ninja Turtle games and the 2 Gameboy Advance games. :D
Unfortunately the 3D games aren't as wildey loved as they can be hit or miss; I can give you some of my favorites. The first TMNT game on Original Xbox/PS2/GC was cool.

Don't get me wrong the stages were wayyyyy too long which made the beat-em-up part needlessly longer. It became more tedious than the 2D games but I've enjoyed and grown used to that.

They should have probably added an extra activity other than blowing up cars and drums. The later ones would correct this albeit terrible execution. That said I had a blast playing it. Splinter and Casey becoming a playable character was a real treat. So was Jimbo or whatever that super move you unlock near the end.

I really enjoyed TMNT OOTS on XBLA. I'm aware everyone hates it to me this was the first real attempt at an in-depth turtles beat-em-up. While I agree the glitches and camera angles were bad there wasn't enough of them to turn me off. The replay value on the game is amazing! All those moves an random arcade game you can unlock!

I'm less excited about Battle Nexus. I appreciate them adding Ninja Garden Wall bounces and vehicles. But the handling for the space bikes were weird and it took me 5 minutes to scale a wall. I did like the fact it was 4-players and they let you switch between turtles.

You know what? Perhaps they should do a 3D compilation just to restore TMNT OOTS servers on Steam. I'd be down for that. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of the TMNT PS2 era of games they should release them anyway for the fans. 🙂

The only thing I hope they get right in this retro collection is the music. It better have all the original voice-overs and soundtrack. No pre-recorded bullshit like they did with X-Men Arcade for 360!
Dreams don't die!
DevilHunterWolf

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

I'm definitely picking it up. Between original carts and the Arcade1Up cab, I do own many of the games but I like showing support for things like this. The MiSTer is great for playing the console and handheld games but I do enjoy a compilation with extras to look through, especially with how much 80s and 90s TMNT was a big part of my youth. Plus, I'm all for more compilations that keeps retro games easily available.
Captain FPGA

DevilHunterWolf wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:31 am I'm definitely picking it up. Between original carts and the Arcade1Up cab, I do own many of the games but I like showing support for things like this. The MiSTer is great for playing the console and handheld games but I do enjoy a compilation with extras to look through, especially with how much 80s and 90s TMNT was a big part of my youth. Plus, I'm all for more compilations that keeps retro games easily available.
This collection should hold us until we can get arcade cores of TMNT on the MiSTer. :D
Dreams don't die!
ToothbrushThreepwood

Unread post by ToothbrushThreepwood »

The upcoming Shredder’s Revenge looks promising as well! It’s 1990 all over again!
Captain FPGA

ToothbrushThreepwood wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:59 pm The upcoming Shredder’s Revenge looks promising as well! It’s 1990 all over again!
I'm buying that one too.

Gonna try and get it on Xbox and Steam for anyone who wants to join me
Dreams don't die!