Input Troubles

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
nanashi

Input Troubles

Unread post by nanashi »

Hello,

last weekend I build my Mister. I did the setup process with the update_all script and everything seems to work fine except for the controls. I use an USB 2.0 OTG adapter with a powered USB 2.0 hub. I use the hub to connect a Bluetooth dongle for a keyboard and controller adapter that has 3 ports (Sega Saturn, PS2 and N64). The adapter has always worked fine with my PC.

However, on the Mister it seems to cause some issues. My controller settings often seem to be lost on a restart and I have a assign them again. Sometimes even though the button presses are registered in the menu, they won't work when playing games. I have to power cycle the mister several times before it randomly works again. Today mid-play in the SNES core the character started to move right all the time, like the button was stuck. I had to reassign the buttons to fix this. Then later my keyboard got disconnected and I needed several tries to reconnect it. Any idea what might be causing this issues? Any help would be appreciated.