Vigilante Core OSD Menu Issue

Lex

Vigilante Core OSD Menu Issue

Unread post by Lex »

Hello guys!

I have installed the new Jotego core vigilante and it works fine.

However I discovered an absolute weird problem.

I have started out from a fresh clean Mister sd installation to rule some things out.

The problem is when I start the core I cannot for the heck of it enter the OSD neither F12 nor mister osd

button. This is on VNS 2000 arcade monitor via vga RGB 15khz

But here comes the funky stuff. When I plug my setup to a normal TFT monitor (31khz, VGA out) it

will open the OSD normally. By the way the OSD button works on every other core of my mister.

2 Questions

1.) what on earth has configuration of mister to do with what monitor is hooked up?

2.) has it to do with mister ini settings for example video mode

It is not a big problem because I can cofigure game on tft and the play on arcade monitor but I am just

curious if some technical genius has an idea because for me this is absolute unlogical
gamesfan

Re: Vigilante Core OSD Menu Issue

Unread post by gamesfan »

Hmm Im not sure but I do know in the Mister.ini you can specify core specific overrides. Maybe that will help while the beta core matures. You can also report in Jts Discord.
Lex

Re: Vigilante Core OSD Menu Issue

Unread post by Lex »

Hi!

Thanks this is possible. It is not that the osd menu does not popup but what happens in my opinion is that it is a display issue. When the core is shown on the arcade monitor video mode of the core is 15khz but osd graphics still in vga 31khz so you cannot see it. This is only a vague theory that is for sure.

Mister is really a cool project and it is amazing what this thing can do on the other hand we have got so many issues here due to growing complexity and different setups but I guess it is in the nature of things always having two sides

regards