Deamonbite PS3 Compatibility

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Yunaiba

Deamonbite PS3 Compatibility

Unread post by Yunaiba »

Hi guys! Does any of you know if the Deaemonbite encoder (arduino) has full PS3 compatibility?
I have connected and programmed the Arduino and the HOME / PS button doesn't seem to work.
On the layout we can see PS button is assigned to B9 but nothing.
Any of you have tried the Daemonbite on an actual PS3??

daemonbite-arcade-encoder-layout.png
daemonbite-arcade-encoder-layout.png (120.19 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Yunaiba

Re: Deamonbite PS3 Compatibility

Unread post by Yunaiba »

Anybody?
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

The purple text is for PS3 and B9->LTHUMB which is what you should get on a PC. On MISTer you should be able to map B9 to HOME if it is what you want.
SuperSpongo

Unread post by SuperSpongo »

I was just looking into this topic myself and found that the Daemonbite adapter does not seem to support the Home button.
There's a software from bootsector called PS3PadMicro which does support the home button (by pressing Start and Select simultaneously).
User Buttersoft modified the firmware in such a way that it is compatible with the Daemonbite software's pinout:

Please check out this thread:
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/9036 ... co-gp2040/
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

The daemonbite arcade encoder that MickGuyver used to sell has support for more buttons than the design on GitHub. But I don't think either of them support mapping to home.

The GP2040 Pico project might be your best bet. It's more modern, has more features, runs on a much cheaper development board that is also available still, and is directly compatible with switch, ps3, ps4, etc...

https://github.com/FeralAI/GP2040

Daemonbite is great and I have multiple daemonbite retro adapters and the mini arcade encoder from MickGuyver, but you haven't been able to purchase from him for awhile and he seems to be somewhat AWOL (which is fine, everyone has their own business to take care of and this is just a hobby thing, hope he's doing well).
birdybro~