Can't get analog sticks to work with PSX core? [Solved]

neogeo81

Re: Can't get analog sticks to work with PSX core? [Solved]

Unread post by neogeo81 »

ok so that confirms that there was some wrong input setting.
Chilli_Vibes

Unread post by Chilli_Vibes »

the_importer wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:56 pm As stated in my main post: "Using another MicroSD card, I did a clean install and then used the update script." Also, I never mapped the Mouse or Sniper and the problem is also there in the MiSTer Input Test.
Are you still at the stage of not working ?
I just got my Dualshock 3 USB clone, in the mail, and it works perfectly in Windows, works in the Mister main joystick configure menu, all axis are picked up, yet the analogue sticks will not work in the joystick tester, or any core. Yet, I can move around the Mister menu with the D-Pad, and the analogue sticks. Even in the PSX core, I can move around the menu with the sticks, yet in-game they don't work. D-pad works fine.
Waifu4Life

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

neogeo81 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:29 am ok so that confirms that there was some wrong input setting.
Can you elaborate on that?
Chilli_Vibes wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:45 pm
the_importer wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:56 pm As stated in my main post: "Using another MicroSD card, I did a clean install and then used the update script." Also, I never mapped the Mouse or Sniper and the problem is also there in the MiSTer Input Test.
Are you still at the stage of not working ?
I just got my Dualshock 3 USB clone, in the mail, and it works perfectly in Windows, works in the Mister main joystick configure menu, all axis are picked up, yet the analogue sticks will not work in the joystick tester, or any core. Yet, I can move around the Mister menu with the D-Pad, and the analogue sticks. Even in the PSX core, I can move around the menu with the sticks, yet in-game they don't work. D-pad works fine.
I can't move in the menus with the analog stick.
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

Just like the real thing, analog sticks are generally NOT enabled by default and must be manually enabled with L3+R3+up (or L1+L2+R1+R2+Up if you've changed that configuration). This must be done in-game and NOT at the white boot screen.
Waifu4Life

rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:16 pm Just like the real thing, analog sticks are generally NOT enabled by default and must be manually enabled with L3+R3+up (or L1+L2+R1+R2+Up if you've changed that configuration). This must be done in-game and NOT at the white boot screen.
This has already been discussed and is not the problem.
rhester72
Top Contributor

the_importer wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm
rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:16 pm Just like the real thing, analog sticks are generally NOT enabled by default and must be manually enabled with L3+R3+up (or L1+L2+R1+R2+Up if you've changed that configuration). This must be done in-game and NOT at the white boot screen.
Except based on the observations made, it kind of has to be. There is no analog 'configuration' within the core. I personally own some of the PS3 knockoff Chinese clones referenced, and they absolutely work, zero question.
Waifu4Life

rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:33 pm
the_importer wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm
Except based on the observations made, it kind of has to be. There is no analog 'configuration' within the core. I personally own some of the PS3 knockoff Chinese clones referenced, and they absolutely work, zero question.
Have you watched my video?
rhester72
Top Contributor

Actually, I hadn't until now.

The controller is offscreen at the end of the controller setup asking for the last two tilts - you did do that with the analog sticks as requested by setup, yes?

Also, is the firmware (on the Pro+) up to date?

If the answer to both of the above is yes, I truly don't know what to say - in 2 years, I've never seen or experienced what's in that video. It "just works".
Chilli_Vibes

Unread post by Chilli_Vibes »

rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:33 pm Except based on the observations made, it kind of has to be. There is no analog 'configuration' within the core. I personally own some of the PS3 knockoff Chinese clones referenced, and they absolutely work, zero question.
Like what has already been said, COUNTLESS times, this is NOT the issue. I have personally tried EVERY single "Solution" and it's not working.
Waifu4Life

rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm The controller is offscreen at the end of the controller setup asking for the last two tilts - you did do that with the analog sticks as requested by setup, yes?
Holy shit, that's it! I though these were for motions sensing in case people used PS3 or PS4 controllers, I didn't think they were asking me to setup the analog stick a 2nd time and right at the end as well.

Thanks mate, now everything is working fine now!

Cheers
rhester72
Top Contributor

the_importer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:16 am
rhester72 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm The controller is offscreen at the end of the controller setup asking for the last two tilts - you did do that with the analog sticks as requested by setup, yes?
Holy shit, that's it! I though these were for motions sensing in case people used PS3 or PS4 controllers, I didn't think they were asking me to setup the analog stick a 2nd time and right at the end as well.

You aren't being sarcastic are you? lol

If not, fantastic! =)
Waifu4Life

rhester72 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:42 pm
the_importer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:16 am

You aren't being sarcastic are you? lol

If not, fantastic! =)
Honest man, it's working, I marked the topic as solved.