Is There a Way to Prevent Memory Cards Save Being Overwritten?

homebrewzero

Is There a Way to Prevent Memory Cards Save Being Overwritten?

Unread post by homebrewzero »

Is there some optical configuration for PSX memory cards?

1.) My memory card saves are being overwritten
Using Autosave features when the OSD opens up it saves the memory card. However, sometimes the core doesn't load properly overwriting my save files and showing up blank.

2.) Not using the autosave feature has issues as well.
2.a forgetting to save
2.b accidentally hitting save in the OSD menu( I did it) while

Not sure if there is a place for feedback. Is there a way to have a rolling save file so that once you save the memory card the old save moves to .1, .2, .3 up to 10 so in case you override the save files you can load up an old file?
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Re: Is There a Way to Prevent Memory Cards Save Being Overwritten?

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

Better to fix problem 1.
Can you explain what happens and how to reproduce?
homebrewzero

Re: Is There a Way to Prevent Memory Cards Save Being Overwritten?

Unread post by homebrewzero »

For problem one, Sometimes when I switch between games or cores the games doesn't load properly and when I open up the OSD it autosaves a blank memory card( I am assuming that is what it does) over the existing file.

Step 1. have a valid memory card save ( autosave turned on) ( in mine it was switching between games and the game I wanted didn't load correctly was on a black screen)
Step 2. Swap between games/core and the game doesn't load up and stays on a black screen.
Step 3.) get the game to load no save game data

So I tried to recreate this issue, and I have not been able to recreate it. I lost two save game files. I did change some automount issues. Not sure what happened.