Japanese PSX Games no Longer Work? What Do I Do?

berighteous

Japanese PSX Games no Longer Work? What Do I Do?

Unread post by berighteous »

I've been playing japanese psx games on the unstable psx cores for months and today when I went back after the core went official I get an ED error. THEY USED TO WORK. I did Update_all twice. I still get an ED error. Do I have to go find japanese bios? where do I put them? Why doesn't it work any more? I need pepsiman. lol.
berighteous

Re: Japanese PSX Games no Longer Work? What Do I Do?

ok, derp, I got it. I just had to set the mode to usa playstation instead of auto. I'm at a complete loss when anything changes. I can't remember whatever I did to set something up months ago, and I barely get time once a week to even play anything. I can't keep on top of every core every day. I do an Update_all every time I turn the thing on. If that doesn't fix it I feel completely lost.
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

Readme explains how to set up BIOS:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/PSX_MiSTer#bios
goodmaki

Unread post by goodmaki »

If you are using theypsilon's update_all script it should automatically download the correct BIOS's and place them where they are needed. You might want to remove any boot*.rom files from /games/PSX and let the script redownload them. If it's set up correctly with all 3 different regions BIOS you will be able to leave the region setting on Auto.
berighteous

Thanks, I finally saw it. It all was working and I couldn't remember why it was working before. Freaking awesome core.
rashohyo

Unread post by rashohyo »

I have the same problem and all di bios are in the right folder. It doesn't run in AUTO mode. Previously everything was ok
xROOTS

Unread post by xROOTS »

rashohyo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:42 pm I have the same problem and all di bios are in the right folder. It doesn't run in AUTO mode. Previously everything was ok
same :(
were you able to solve it?
cloudyng44

Unread post by cloudyng44 »

berighteous wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:04 am I've been playing japanese psx games on the unstable psx cores for months and today when I went back after the core went official I get an ED error. THEY USED TO WORK. I did Update_all twice. I still get an ED error. Do I have to go find japanese bios? where do I put them? Why doesn't it work any more? I need pepsiman. lol.
I have the same problem last month,then i pull out the ram card and plug in the Ram card again(the ram card loose)then the issue solved