Strange JT Update

jca
Top Contributor

Strange JT Update

Unread post by jca »

Yesterday I ran the update all script in order to update the SNES core and noticed an update from Jotego:
Downloading 2 files:
_Arcade/_alternatives/_Boulder Dash / Boulder Dash Part 2/Boulder Dash - Boulder Dash Part 2 (Japan).mra
_Arcade/cores/jtpang_20220624.rbf

When trying the new mra I noticed I had 2 Boulder Dash alternatives and each one empty.
With WinScp Isaw that one was "Boulder Dash" and the other "Boulder Dash " with a space at the end. I did not know that it was possible under ext4 but it is.
The mras were not visible because they were in a subdirectory (Boulder Dash Part 2) so I moved the mras up and deleted these subdirectories. I guess they were "Boulder Dash Part 2" and " Boulder Dash Part 2" with a space at the beginning but I will never know as I deleted them before noticing. In the end I also deleted the "Boulder Dash" alternative and removed the space from "Boulder Dash " as it is the latest one.
aberu
Core Developer

Re: Strange JT Update

Unread post by aberu »

ext4? MiSTer's microSD is exFAT.
birdybro~
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Ever heard of USB drives?
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Today update_all (Genesis, MegaCD):
SECTION: jtcores

Downloading 2 files:
_Arcade/_alternatives/_Boulder Dash / Boulder Dash Part 2/Boulder Dash - Boulder Dash Part 2 (Japan).mra
_Arcade/_alternatives/_Boulder Dash/Boulder Dash Part 2/Boulder Dash - Boulder Dash Part 2 (Japan).mra
:shock:

After a look with WinSCP:
The one without the extra spaces does not have the "Boulder Dash Part 2" subdirectory.
The one with the extra spaces have a " Boulder Dash Part 2" subdirectory with an extra space at the beginning.

Edit:
I forgot to refresh the display, stupid WinSCP>