MiSTer Core Dev Episode 16: Framework Frolics

Community created YouTube tutorials, interviews and helpful online information guides.
nico24
Core Developer

MiSTer Core Dev Episode 16: Framework Frolics

Unread post by nico24 »

Looking at putting the familiar core into the MiSTer framework, to get the full functionality. Then taking a look at how the game plays.

Alkadian
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer Core Dev Episode 16: Framework Frolics

Unread post by Alkadian »

Awesome, many thanks for this new episode and for the whole journey which I have enjoyed a lot!!!

Looking forward to the sound implementation :mrgreen:
nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

Thank you Sir! Got some sampled sound working pretty quick with the 'borrowing' of some JimmyStones code. That will be a good start to at least have sound in the core until I can delve into a reproduction of the analogue part of the pcb.
Think I might need to do a video about my Supergun first though. Something a little lighter!
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

nico24 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:32 am Thank you Sir! Got some sampled sound working pretty quick with the 'borrowing' of some JimmyStones code. That will be a good start to at least have sound in the core until I can delve into a reproduction of the analogue part of the pcb.
Think I might need to do a video about my Supergun first though. Something a little lighter!
Great news regarding the samples sound! It is really coming together now! I look forward to the next module then including the Supergun as well!
MrMartian

Unread post by MrMartian »

Thanks for all this, this series was useful in general!

I did want to point out that the second red line from the colour PROM is significant. Would you like a discussion here or a github pull?

nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

MrMartian,

Yes that is interesting. Do you think it makes any meaningful difference in colors? From what I've seen on other videos it looks like the colors are comparable, but difficult to say. I do have the actual color prom programmed, as covered in the video series, so I could hook it up and see what colors I should be getting.

nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

Thinking about it - yes I believe there is a brighter color and less bright one, that will require implementation.

MrMartian

Unread post by MrMartian »

Hello. Yes it does make a difference. Here is a version with the colour implemented fully, and also I'm converting the sound to be generated in hardware not samples. The shot sound is WIP.

Attachments
Arcade-TankBattalion.rbf
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

MrMartian - that's excellent, thanks. Would be very interested to see the hardware generated sound when you've done it. It's too far for my modest abilities, but it really would be a bonus to get it implemented.