LG PH150G Projector Small Stuttering Every Few Seconds

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
vanfanel

LG PH150G Projector Small Stuttering Every Few Seconds

Unread post by vanfanel »

HI there,

A friend lent me an LG PH150G LED projector, and after finding that the thing has indeed a low-latency game mode, I am trying to use it with the MiSTer.

The problem is that I see a small stuttering once in a while, very noticeable (to me) on 2D scrolling games that run at 60FPS.
This doesn't happen on my HDMI monitors: only the projector seems to have this problem.

The LG PH150G seems to be a 720p (1280x720) display, so I have both activated the low-latency game mode and set the 720p@60Hz videomode in MiSTer.ini so it matches the native projector video mode.
I have also played around with the vsync_adjust settings, which don't do any differences with regard to this small stuttering problem.
I have tried all other 60Hz video modes in MiSTer.ini, but the result is exactly the same.

The cause of those problems is usually a discrepancy between the monitor physical refresh rate (projector in this case) and the MiSTer refresh rate, but I believe 720p@60Hz is pretty much standard, so it's set up on both sides and stuttering shouldn't be happening.

Any ideas, please?