"Stuck Key" with ROM on Aquarius Core?

BillJr99

"Stuck Key" with ROM on Aquarius Core?

Unread post by BillJr99 »

Hi everyone!

First, a quick thanks to the community for their development and collegiality! I have some HDL experience and really appreciate all the effort to preserve such a rich computing history. I hope to contribute sometime soon. :-)

I'm a MiSTer newcomer with a possible keyboard/joystick mapping question. When running the Aquarius core, and loading a particular rom (AD&D Treasure of Tarmin), the game automatically proceeds from the title screen to the game on its hardest difficulty mode. This is followed by a permanently repeating "buzzing" sound that I believe usually plays when you press an invalid key (like bumping into a wall). I know that hardest mode is selected with the joypad disc or 4 on the keyboard, so I am wondering if one of these is somehow mapped to something that is stuck on.

I've tried remapping keys, removing all keymaps, and even removing the USB keyboard so there are no other devices plugged in, and I tried booting with a stock Dell USB keyboard (as opposed to my Rii RK707), with the same behavior. I'm thinking this might be some kind of configuration issue, but I'm not sure what to try next.

Has anyone had a similar issue or a troubleshooting suggestion? Apologies in advance if this is "something easy" that I haven't been able to find!

Thanks, all!
mydiax

Re: "Stuck Key" with ROM on Aquarius Core?

Unread post by mydiax »

Hello. I see this post was quite a while ago. Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem in AD+D. I'm not able to map any controller for this core either. Was wondering if you ever found a solution....

BillJr99

Unread post by BillJr99 »

Hello! That's interesting - I wonder if it affects everyone or just some configurations. I have not looked deeply but haven't found anything that jumps out as being a cause yet on a superficial read.

EeDee

Unread post by EeDee »

I can't say whether it affects everyone but I can say that it affects me also.
Strangely enough I tried it on seeing your posts and remember coming across this a little while ago but it didn't register as a problem, the software wasn't what I was looking for.
To make sure it was not the bin file I tried it in an emulator (Virtual Aquarius) and it works okay

kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Just checked on my side and I do confirm that I have the same issue than you with my Mister.
This game works fine on the emulator "Virtual Aquarius"

かすりん

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

Try the attached test build. It should fix AD+D and Night Stalker. It should also fix the keyboard input as controller (Arrow Keys, F1-F6...).
If all looks good, I'll submit a pull request.

Attachments
Aquarius-beta_20240301.zip
(893.23 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
EeDee

Unread post by EeDee »

Flandango wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:14 pm

Try the attached test build. It should fix AD+D and Night Stalker. It should also fix the keyboard input as controller (Arrow Keys, F1-F6...).
If all looks good, I'll submit a pull request.

Thanks @Flandango and so quick!
Seems to be working fine after a preliminary try :)

kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Amazing, thank you @Flandango !
Same here, seems not to be working fine. Great job.

かすりん