Options/Pre-made .ini files to correct core menus from no-display?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
seastalker

Options/Pre-made .ini files to correct core menus from no-display?

Unread post by seastalker »

An issue I hadn't had before inspired this post. As we tweak settings, update, and make constant changes, this is expected. A new Sd card Update_all setup and I thought I was good.

I have a 1080p LED LCD and CRT TV dual screen setup. I know the difference between a screen going crazy from a scan-doubler effect enabled vs a NTSC/PAL incompatibility, or the new issue of odd-timing settings like running at 57 instead of 60.

I am finding now that I can load (especially) a computer core, and my CRT is flicker city and my flat-panel shows nothing when it used to before. I used to be able to at least SEE the menu on one screen to make a change to NTSC, etc. Cores like the Commodore 64 has advantages for running in PAL mode even.

I think this is mostly a "NTSC desired/yet PAL by default" given scenario with so many new obscure computer cores which COMPLETELY are justified by computer origin country and native signal. I just can't see through the flicker to find the toggle in each core. Would a core-wide 'FORCE TOGGLE NTSC/PAL' hotkey be a possible future feature?

What setting of mine may need updating? My LCD flat screen is capable of PAL signals. Is there a V-Sync or C-Sync thing to look into? I feel some database.ini files per core may exist for such a purpose?