MiSTer With I-PAC2 Works With Some Cores and Not Others (Pacman)

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
TheBR

MiSTer With I-PAC2 Works With Some Cores and Not Others (Pacman)

Unread post by TheBR »

Hi all,

First post but been lurking for a while reading up on the mister. So I’m building my own arcade, have the mister up and running, connected to an IPAC2 in keyboard mode with a 2 joystick, 6 button configuration plus 2 coin and player select buttons.

For games like R-type and 1943 etc it works perfectly, pressing the coin button adds credit, the player start button starts the game and the joystick and buttons work pretty much as you’d expect.

But, for some games like Pac-Man and Asteroids I get nothing, no credits can be added, buttons don’t work etc it’s like the cores have no input.

Now for asteroids I think that’s maybe because it used to use a trackball IIRC so maybe that’s the reason, but for Pac-Man?? What gives? In Pacman I even attatched a keyboard directly to bypass IPAC and the only "key" that seems to work is F12 for the OSD menu.

I -think- this is the github page for the core (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade-Pacman_MiSTer) and the readme states:

-- Keyboard inputs :

-- F1 : Start Player 1
-- F2 : Start Player 2
-- F3 : Coin Player 1

-- F5 : Skip to next level

-- MAME/IPAC/JPAC Style Keyboard inputs:
-- 5 : Coin 1
-- 6 : Coin 2
-- 1 : Start 1 Player
-- 2 : Start 2 Players

-- R,F,D,G : Player 2 Movements

-- UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT arrows : Movements

-- Joystick support.

So it should support the IPAC2 default mame keys and anyway F1-F5 dont work with a keyboard attatched either so that rules out the IPAC as the cause.

I feel like I’m missing something fundamental here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

hiddenbyleaves

Re: MiSTer With I-PAC2 Works With Some Cores and Not Others (Pacman)

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Have you added the required ini changes for the ipac. If you search around you will find them and can copy paste them in.