Music glitch in Final Fantasy VII?

PhDTenma

Music glitch in Final Fantasy VII?

Unread post by PhDTenma »

Hi!

So I was playing FFVII and when I got to Nibelheim (not the flashback but when you return there in CD1) the battle music in the basement of the mansion was weirdly off, it's mainly a high pitch sound. I can't remember if this happens with original hardware or not. The basement music is different than in the rest of the mansion that for sure and seems fine.

I have searched in internet I mainly find gameplay of the remaster done for PC and consoles, where they might have corrected or changed that music.

Thanks!

PistolsAtDawn

Re: Music glitch in Final Fantasy VII?

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

I've played a lot of FFVII in my time, and I don't remember that being a thing in the basement.

You may have already done this, but it would be a good idea to verify that you have known-good copies of the discs and the PSX bios files. Compare checksums if possible so you can be certain.

After that, I would look at all the core settings to see if an enabled audio option could be the culprit.

I'd be happy to check this on my setup if you can share a copy of your memory card so I can jump right to that part of the game.

DaveGeorge

Unread post by DaveGeorge »

I had some weird sound issues in FFVII as well. Happened a few times where the reactor-music was playing. Sounded like a sound channel was missing. The solution for me was to do a cold reboot.

PhDTenma

PistolsAtDawn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:27 pm

I've played a lot of FFVII in my time, and I don't remember that being a thing in the basement.

You may have already done this, but it would be a good idea to verify that you have known-good copies of the discs and the PSX bios files. Compare checksums if possible so you can be certain.

After that, I would look at all the core settings to see if an enabled audio option could be the culprit.

I'd be happy to check this on my setup if you can share a copy of your memory card so I can jump right to that part of the game.

Thanks, I doubt is the core settings but I'll check that too!

I'lll have to come back to that place in the game, but today I'll share a copy of my card (and if you want a savestate in the place) so you can check if there's something weird! Thank you very much!

PhDTenma

It's my bad... It's stupid because I have two US versions of FFVII: the official and one patched (from the Retranslation project https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index. ... ic=19709.0). The official doesn't have the bug so it's just a bug of that retranslation patch. I'll report there the bug.

Sorry for my mistake!