Chicken and Egg problem, but with files

zBeeble

Chicken and Egg problem, but with files

Unread post by zBeeble »

So... after much ado, I have my MiSTer working and my Amiga core working --- A1200, 68020, 256M RAM. Makes me kinda wonder how my 128M RAM figures into that, but no, maybe don't tell me.

Anyways... I have installed WB 3.1 and have 3.1 roms and it works. I can also choose to use this hard drive I've downloaded and it has games and works. All good so far.

But I want to set up the Amiga as a computer. To that end, it seems I can setup reading the sd card directly and further setup serial internet. This seems to rely on files ... files that I cannot transfer to the core. I also can't seem to mount 2 hard drives.

1. can someone give me the files needed on ADF?

2. can someone tell me how to mount two hard drives. Assume I have 2 HDF images known to work if mounted as the only image.

Goingdown

Re: Chicken and Egg problem, but with files

Unread post by Goingdown »

You may create adf by using winuae emulator? Or with linux one can mount adf files.

Then set up shared folder support, after that file transfers are easy.

zBeeble

Unread post by zBeeble »

OK. Nice to know. I'm trying to completely avoid winuae. Are you saying that the amiga filesystem is one of the user-space filesystem plugins?

zBeeble

Unread post by zBeeble »

I suppose it just makes sense to me that these couple files --- key to making the Amiga useful ... that there'd be an ADF pre-packaged.

german_user

Unread post by german_user »

Setup the share Folder. This Folder is on the SDcard and seen from the Amiga. You can put Files there with your PC and can access them from the Amiga core.

grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

The chicken came first then the files which the chicken ate then the egg popped out last :mrgreen:

zBeeble

Unread post by zBeeble »

afaik, the share folder only works after you can copy these few files to the Amiga. I'd like to achieve this without clonato or winuae.

Can someone put those files on a disk for me?

thera34

Unread post by thera34 »

zBeeble wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:51 am

afaik, the share folder only works after you can copy these few files to the Amiga. I'd like to achieve this without clonato or winuae.

Can someone put those files on a disk for me?

Try that one, full instructions too (for RTG and shared folder): viewtopic.php?p=12186#p12186