Is It Possible to Map a Button to an Arcade Stick (In This Case F12) So It’s Permanent?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
insanityprawnboy

Is It Possible to Map a Button to an Arcade Stick (In This Case F12) So It’s Permanent?

Unread post by insanityprawnboy »

The question is in the title really.

I have a Mayflash Arcade Stick F500 Elite, and wondered if I could permanently map F12 to one of the buttons?

ItalianGrandma

Re: Is It Possible to Map a Button to an Arcade Stick (In This Case F12) So It’s Permanent?

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

F12 specifically? Or just “Menu”? You can definitely map a permanent menu button.

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: Is It Possible to Map a Button to an Arcade Stick (In This Case F12) So It’s Permanent?

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Remap keyboard lets you link any controller button with any keyboard key, but its temporary.

Assign/define buttons are remembered per core, but its only whatever buttons the core exposes in that list.

"Menu" should (must?) be set in the main/menu core. Go to define buttons and define away. That will also set up some defaults for use in various cores.

insanityprawnboy

Unread post by insanityprawnboy »

ItalianGrandma wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:53 am

F12 specifically? Or just “Menu”? You can definitely map a permanent menu button.

When I press F12 is brings up the menu. So I'd like to be able to do that from my arcade stick, permanently.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

When you setup a controller at the MISTer level, not the core level, you can define an OSD button which is permanent and is available to any core as long as you do not redefine it in the core controller setup. I am missing something?