Saturn Core Will No Longer Boot

fraggore@sky.com

Saturn Core Will No Longer Boot

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

Hell anyone got any ideas on how to fix this, the saturn core was working i have 3 test cores 2 were working fine si i put the lastest build on there ran that and nothing and now the older builds dont work either odd, when you run the core you get the black screen and the lights on the mister stop blinking and nother you can bring the menu up and i have to reset the mister to get it working again.

i have tried deleting the saturn config files, updating the mister main and nothing, it's fustrating as it was working and now the working cores dont work. so is there anything i could do to get this working again ? or any ideas on a fix and everything thing else on the mister works.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Saturn Core Will No Longer Boot

Unread post by FPGA64 »

You must not have a boot.rom file present currently
Rename the boot.rom boot.bin

Run the core and chose to load the bios manually

Load the bios.bin

fraggore@sky.com

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

well well i had a boot.bin and boot.rom files in the folder so i deleted the boot.rom and renamed the boot.bin and its working happy days.

thanks that was a easy fix lol odd that setup is working on the other mister who knows

Krathoon

Unread post by Krathoon »

Yeah. I ran into the same problem today. They changed the file name on us.

For some reason, the latest unstable Mister binary would not work. I had to use the previous one.