Overriding buttons when pressed simultanously?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
RiotRay

Overriding buttons when pressed simultanously?

Unread post by RiotRay »

Hi!

One issue the bothers me about the mister is the handling of button presses, when using two different physical buttons for one emulated button press. I'm using this in MAME for games like "Strikers 1945" or "R-Type": One button is set for autofire, the other one for "charging up" your shot. MAME "overrides" the "autofire"-button with the continous button press for charging up. You just need to release the "charging button" to continue with your autofire. That's very convenient.
Mister on the other hand requires you to release the first "autofire"-button and then press the "charge"-button from the second "alternate" button config.

I'm guessing this is the only way the mister can handle this? Or is there a way to do this equivalent to MAME?

thx

Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Overriding buttons when pressed simultanously?

Unread post by Newsdee »

RiotRay wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:37 pm

Mister on the other hand requires you to release the first "autofire"-button and then press the "charge"-button from the second "alternate" button config.

I'm guessing this is the only way the mister can handle this? Or is there a way to do this equivalent to MAME?

It all depends how it is wired up. I would expect this scenario to have an "AND" logic, so the pressed button overrides the released button of the autofire. But what you describe means the autofire takes precedence.