Dedicated Vertical Setup, Best to CW or CCW?

mexiace

Dedicated Vertical Setup, Best to CW or CCW?

Unread post by mexiace »

I'm possibly revisiting this but I have a dedicated vertical Mister setup for Arcade cores only. Some cores are unable to flip and are fixed either CW or CCW. Question I have is: Which physical orientation is best for a fixed cabinet? CW or CCW? I assume one will affect less games than the other and I was wondering if someone has gathered a list of cores affected either way? This way I can choose the one that affects the least amount of cores that don't have a flip option.

Monitor: Dell 2007FPB (1600x1200)
Current Physical Orientation: CCW (Counter Clock Wise)

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: Dedicated Vertical Setup, Best to CW or CCW?

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in the amount of games that support a certain orientation.

My (iPad) monitor can turn both ways, but setting most to the same direction is more practical. What I did to choose a preferred orientation, was check which of my favorite games only supported one orientation.

Bristles

Unread post by Bristles »

Surely, it's best to set the orientation to the cores that cannot be flipped ?
This way, you can then flip the other cores that have this option.

mexiace

Unread post by mexiace »

I was able to configure all vertical cores finally and would have to say that the best thing to do is to rotate CW if you have a fixed (can't rotate) LCD monitor in your cabinet (not referring to CRTs here). There are several games that won't flip but there weren't any that I'm gonna miss. Maybe Qbert but otherwise all good.

XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

From horizontal position CCW is the best rotation. Although there are games that would benefit form a CW rotation, most modern (JAMMA and later) games utilize the CCW option or have a screen flip option in the dipswtiches that allow CCW to work.

Also note that when I say more arcade PCBs, that may or may not correlate to MiSTer cores, because obviously not all games have cores yet.