No output with Villena's composite/s-video adapter

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
elmisterache7

No output with Villena's composite/s-video adapter

Unread post by elmisterache7 »

Hello.

Ok, I have a MiSTer Addons full kit with the analog board, Antonio Villena's composite/s-video adapter and an Extron MVX 44 VGA/Audio matrix switcher.

I currently have it hooked up and I can send the video signal of the MiSTer to two computer monitors via VGA with the appropriate .ini file. What I want to do now is to have an alternate .ini file configured for composite video and connect the Villena's adapter to one of the outputs of the switcher. The problem is that, as it is currently configured, I can't get a video signal out of the Villena's adapter, even connected directly to the analog board. I don't know if this issue has something to do with some 5V that I've read about. I was able to use the adapter before with another MiSTer but I was using a Villena's analog board.

Can someone help me with this or tell me if it's even possible to do something like that?
Thanks.

antoniovillena

Re: No output with Villena's composite/s-video adapter

Unread post by antoniovillena »

Hi. Basically there are 2 possible causes:

1. Your mister.ini is configured for 31khz signal. So you must put vga_scaler=0 and force_scandoubler=0 to 15khz.
  2. The pin 9 of VGA has not 5V to power the adapter. Maybe the problem is switcher or the vga cable. Some vga cables don't wire the pin 9. Try connect first directly with your io board configuring the jumper to 5V (close to the vga connector).
mrchrister
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by mrchrister »

Configuring the jumper was needed in my case. I was stumped at first as well. Good luck fixing the issue!

elmisterache7

antoniovillena wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:05 pm

Hi. Basically there are 2 possible causes:

1. Your mister.ini is configured for 31khz signal. So you must put vga_scaler=0 and force_scandoubler=0 to 15khz.
  2. The pin 9 of VGA has not 5V to power the adapter. Maybe the problem is switcher or the vga cable. Some vga cables don't wire the pin 9. Try connect first directly with your io board configuring the jumper to 5V (close to the vga connector).

Thanks for the reply Antonio!
Ok, I'll try to configure the jumper to 5V.

elmisterache7

mrchrister wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:16 pm

Configuring the jumper was needed in my case. I was stumped at first as well. Good luck fixing the issue!

I'll try that. Thanks for the reply!