Let’s Make Amiga CD32 Support Happen (Update: It Works!)

cursedverses

Re: Let’s Make Amiga CD32 Support Happen (Update: It Works!)

Unread post by cursedverses »

JasonA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:53 am

Cheers for the heads up!

zakk: if you have any expertise with main, could you add another OSD option to load an extended rom? CD32 has one I believe. Would be good to keep them separate and load correctly into mem, still allowing the A1000 roms to work correctly in the memory map.

I didn't see a response to this so I thought I'd drop a message based on my memory and tests from a while back.

If you have a 3.0/3.1 rom and the CD32 extension rom, you need to concatenate the two so that the CD32 ext. rom is the first in the file.

e.g. in Windows

copy /b cd32ext.rom+ks30.rom cd32.rom

The core detects the size and puts the ROMs in the correct locations, assuming nothing has changed around that part of the core.

Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

cursedverses wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:34 pm
JasonA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:53 am

Cheers for the heads up!

zakk: if you have any expertise with main, could you add another OSD option to load an extended rom? CD32 has one I believe. Would be good to keep them separate and load correctly into mem, still allowing the A1000 roms to work correctly in the memory map.

I didn't see a response to this so I thought I'd drop a message based on my memory and tests from a while back.

If you have a 3.0/3.1 rom and the CD32 extension rom, you need to concatenate the two so that the CD32 ext. rom is the first in the file.

e.g. in Windows

copy /b cd32ext.rom+ks30.rom cd32.rom

The core detects the size and puts the ROMs in the correct locations, assuming nothing has changed around that part of the core.

This will break support for the MiSTers CD drive though since it has a built in CD device and such I suspect. I have been using my own CD32 1MB custom ROM for a while and it took a while before I figured out that it was always causing CD stuff to not work.

So unless a custom CD32 Ext ROM is made or the core gets support for... I suspect it would need to be the CD32s Akiko CD controller and / or the CDTVs SCSI CD controller I do not think we shall expect these ROMs to do much good.

Lamaman1971

Unread post by Lamaman1971 »

Hi Folks, sorry to dig up an old thread - wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some simple instructions/download to get this going? I noticed the archive.org link had been taken down.