Atari 8-Bit Computers

akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Atari 8-Bit Computers

Unread post by akeley »

MrMister1985 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:45 pm

Hi guys, has anyone managed to get Cyborg Warriors to load ok? it loads to the main title screen then the game starts and the picture is all scrambled and flickering. Also if anyone has got it to load what is the correct settings in the core please? cheers :)

Seems to work ok on my end, maybe a bit fast because I can only test in NTSC mode at the moment. My settings are pretty standard, Bios: XL, or XL+basic, 64Kb RAM, start by holding F8+F10. Image is called "Cyborg Warrior.xex".

EDIT: Scratch that, Cyborg Warrior is a different game. Cyborg WarriorS is also corrupted on my machine.

RealLarry
Top Contributor

Unread post by RealLarry »

There is a similar thread at Atari-Forum about this game and its problems to work on MiST.

Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
MrMister1985

Unread post by MrMister1985 »

Thanx guys :)

MrMister1985

Just been getting back into playing more games that i used to play on my 800xl in the 80s.
i was playing Commando but i cant figure out how to throw the grenades? I thought it would be space bar or fire 2 or 3 on control pad but nothing seems to work.
i also looked for game instructions for it but cant seem to find any for this game online. Anyone managed to resolve this please. Cheers :)

kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

@MrMister1985,

To throw the grenades you've simply to pull back the joystick while you press the fire button.
Just tried on my Mister to be sure and it works.

かすりん

Retro-Nerd

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Grenades = Press Fire Button 1 and direction down at the same time. Awkward, but working.

MrMister1985

Great stuff! thanx again :D

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

MrMister1985 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:07 pm

Just been getting back into playing more games that i used to play on my 800xl in the 80s.
i was playing Commando but i cant figure out how to throw the grenades? I thought it would be space bar or fire 2 or 3 on control pad but nothing seems to work.
i also looked for game instructions for it but cant seem to find any for this game online. Anyone managed to resolve this please. Cheers :)

The reason why you won't find a manual of Commando for the Atari 8-Bit is that it is an unreleased prototype. The game was released in Europe by Elite for many home computer systems, but never for the Atari 8-Bit computer range.

At the end of the 1980s Atari aquired the rights of the game and released it for the 7800. They also contracted Sculptured Software to do an XL/XE port but this version was never officially released. I don't know the reason but as Elite still released ports for the ST and Amiga in 1990 I guess Atari only had the rights to release a computer version of the game outside out Europe and maybe they considered this as a to small market.

zeen

Unread post by zeen »

New Atari 800Xl on Mark Site.

Core v38 released
Añadido por foft hace 15 días

Common:
Updated pokey core with several fixes found during PokeyMAX development
Firmware:
Do not reset cartridge on initial boot (fixes M.U.L.E. AtariMax cartridge)
Built for the Chameleon/Chameleon2/MIST/MC216/MCCTV etc too, but these are untested.