Top Contributor

Re: Turrican II AGA Scrolling Issues

Unread post by FPGA64 »

moroder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:00 am

one year later, still no fix :(

Here is the source

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig-AGA_MiSTer

So go fix it

It always staggers me people think whining about the fix not being made will motivate a dev to go and fix it

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

I've seen numerous times on this forum when talking about a problem/request results in a positive outcome (or at least an attempt at achieving one).

jamespo

Unread post by jamespo »

akeley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:53 pm

I've seen numerous times on this forum when talking about a problem/request results in a positive outcome (or at least an attempt at achieving one).

Yes, but if your sole contributions to the forum are complaining about something not working (you see this with github users too), don't be surprised if you get short shrift.

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

jamespo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:02 pm

Yes, but if your sole contributions to the forum are complaining about something not working (you see this with github users too), don't be surprised if you get short shrift.

I don't see anything wrong with somebody making an account only because they care about one particular issue. It's not "complaining" but bug reporting, and this one has been a confirmed good catch.

If you'd like to split semantic hair over whether his tone was "whiny", rude, or in any other way disturbed the sacred FPGA etiquette then go ahead. I'm only interested in the fact that this thread got bumped, which is a good thing.

jamespo

Unread post by jamespo »

akeley wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:18 pm
jamespo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:02 pm

I don't see anything wrong with somebody making na account only because they care about one particular issue. It's not "complaining" but bug reporting, and this one has been a confirmed good catch.

If you'd like to split semantic hair over whether his tone was "whiny", rude, or in any other way disturbed the sacred FPGA etiquette then go ahead. I'm only interested in the fact that this thread got bumped, which is a good thing.

The first post was useful bug reporting. The second one "one year later, still no fix" was whining.