N64 Switch Controller Issue with N64 Core

McNutts

N64 Switch Controller Issue with N64 Core

Unread post by McNutts »

So I have two of the N64 Nintendo Switch online controllers. I have one of them connected via Bluetooth to my MiSTer. Everything seems to work well except for the up and down inputs from the analog stick.

I can move the curser left and rift using the analog stick but up and down doesn’t work on any game I have tried. I have tried both controllers I own and nothing.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue or if I’m just doing something wrong?

whocares

Re: N64 Switch Controller Issue with N64 Core

Unread post by whocares »

Funny you should ask, I’m having the same issue right now and haven’t been able to find a solution.

whocares

Finally figured it out. At the Mister main screen setup your NSO N64 controller, for D-Pad test, press the D-pad for tilt use your analog stick, proceed to map buttons per usual, when you get to mouse, hit space to keep skipping, when you get to tilt map your analog stick again.

Antoine.WG

Unread post by Antoine.WG »

I had the same problem with my Brawler 64 NSO.

McNutts

Unread post by McNutts »

whocares wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:30 am

Finally figured it out. At the Mister main screen setup your NSO N64 controller, for D-Pad test, press the D-pad for tilt use your analog stick, proceed to map buttons per usual, when you get to mouse, hit space to keep skipping, when you get to tilt map your analog stick again.

Thanks for the info.

I haven’t had much time to play around with my MiSTer as of late but I’m going to shortly after dinner here. I was hoping there was a solution and you just made my night that much better.

whocares

To correct my own post, map the analog stick in mister main as the D-pad but go through and map tilt as-well. In the core map the D-pad only.

Josh128

Unread post by Josh128 »

Same controller problem with the SAFFUN N64 wireless controller. Controller was in Directinput mode by default, had to change it to Xinput mode by holding down Start+A (or Start+B, dont remember which). When in Xinput mode, two lights will light up on the controller instead of the normal one when it connects to the wireless dongle. Once you do that you need to go back to the main Mister menu and map the controls, then of course, go set your button map in the N64 core.