TI-994a How-To

edburns

Re: TI-994a How-To

Unread post by edburns »

Dear @Flandango, thanks so much for your detailed reply. It is clear my instructions are missing a very important step: Put the disk for saves into the drive before starting! Sorry to waste your time. I will update the instructions now.

My offer to kick down some money on patreon, paypal, or whatever still stands. Let me know how!

Thanks very much.

Ed

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

edburns wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:48 pm

Dear @Flandango, thanks so much for your detailed reply. It is clear my instructions are missing a very important step: Put the disk for saves into the drive before starting! Sorry to waste your time. I will update the instructions now.

My offer to kick down some money on patreon, paypal, or whatever still stands. Let me know how!

Thanks very much.

Ed

No waste of time, glad you got it working!
And thanks for the money offer, but there is no need...I'm doing it for fun :)

edburns

Unread post by edburns »

Thanks @Flandango Flandango. I have updated my instructions. See this commit.

Ed

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

PSA: the excellent CRPG for TI, Realms Of Antiquity is currently on sale at 10$ (till 29th of March). It's bundled with an emulator, so you can play it on Windows.
https://adamantyr.itch.io/realms-of-ant ... ered-crown

Q: Does anybody know how to get it running on this core? I tried messing around with SAMS, TIPI and some assorted roms, but my TI skills are near 0 so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.
Author's page: http://quixotic.adamantyr.com/roa-running.htm

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

It's been a while since I last played it but here is the general setup to run that game:

1. Make sure you save a backup copy of the floppy disks...If I recall correctly they are written/saved to by the game

2. Under the Hardware menu, I have SAMS enabled, don't worry about TIPI if you don't have one.

3. If you haven't already assigned a Disk DSR rom, you'll need to do that. I am using MyArc's 80track dsr, but any should work. If you don't have any, in this thread, TMOP has posted his Mega pack, it will have them in there.

4. Assign the 3 disks to the 3 drives (1=ROAGAME, 2= ROAWORLD12, 3=ROAWORLD34)

5. Change Cart Type to Paged378

6. Load Rom Cart = roacart.bin

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Thanks a lot, it runs fine now!