Issue With update_all.sh

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
chunky_tesco

Issue With update_all.sh

Unread post by chunky_tesco »

Code: Select all

Downloading Mister Arcade Descriptions database
Couldn't download https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Toryalai1/MiSTer_ArcadeDatabase/db/mad_db.json.zip : Network Problem

what could be causing this?

rcblanke

Re: Issue With update_all.sh

Unread post by rcblanke »

FWIW, I'm seeing the same message for quite some time, as well. Couldn't find the cause, as the URL seems correct and the internet connection was working.

gvfo

Unread post by gvfo »

Same issue here

chunky_tesco

Unread post by chunky_tesco »

I seemed to have resolved it by renaming _Arcade folder and rerunning the script.

gvfo

Unread post by gvfo »

chunky_tesco wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:50 pm

I seemed to have resolved it by renaming _Arcade folder and rerunning the script.

Did you rename _Arcade to what?

Azuris

Unread post by Azuris »

For me the Update all does also not work, but that one solely called update.
I am getting the cores so it wasn't a big issue, but would be interessting to know why.

seastalker

Unread post by seastalker »

I am also having a similar issue and examined the log files. Most is downloading fine, but it is the Arcade stuff with some issue for me, and I just tested with a reformatted Mr. Fusion new setup. Just note that if one thing doesn't update (or errors), it seems to trigger that Update All 'failed' when it really means it updated, EXCEPT where the errors/failures were. For me:

11419 errors with symlinks.

Arcade Organizer fails every time now? If I enter the .ini [hitting UP arrow before updates start], I am in Update All 2.1 Settings and can go to Option 4 'Other Cores'. I select ON for number 1 [Arcade Offset folder (atrac17)].

Next, Option 5 Tools & Scripts: **NOTE to watch out for 1. Arcade Organizer with On/Off. This is more than a yes or no toggle. Hitting Enter on the ON opens up yet another menu... I don't know if any options here can muck things up. Choice 3 is SELECTED DATABASE. It matters not if I choose
theypsilon's MAD DB or Toryalai1/MiSTer_ArcadeDatabase as neither seem to be able to pull from the internet.

The Low-Res Gamer

Unread post by The Low-Res Gamer »

Arcade Organizer fails every time now? If I enter the .ini [hitting UP arrow before updates start], I am in Update All 2.1 Settings and can go to Option 4 'Other Cores'. I select ON for number 1 [Arcade Offset folder (atrac17)].

I thought i read earlier today on Twitter that atrac17 has removed his stuff from the Mister repositories. FWIW, im having the same issues as you all have been mentioning.

dickhardpill

Unread post by dickhardpill »

move or rename /media/fat/Scripts/update_arcade-organizer.ini

You can also update the URL in the INI

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Torya ... b.json.zip

seastalker

Unread post by seastalker »

I am nearly ready to delete my organized folders and turn off any references to them in Update_all.

I can open RetroNAS and delete my _Organized folder and watch it build back empty directories running the script. It SHOULD know the correct directories as nothing else fails in running Update_all

To save time from Update_all, I just downloaded the latest scripts from https://github.com/theypsilon/_arcade-organizer/
scripts: update_arcade-organizer.sh and _arcade-organizer.sh

Running those (and or Update_all) always leads to this problem:

"Some ORGDIR directories are missing" and so thousands of symlinks fail. I read the FAQ and even tried adding my directories to the
update_arcade-organizer.ini file as follows:

MAD_DB_DESCRIPTION=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Torya ... b.json.zip
MRADIR=\\retrosmb\mister\_Arcade
ORGDIR=\\retrosmb\mister\_Arcade\_Organized

I realize that the way my links show on the PC may not be how they need to be entered in the .ini, but again, I could see those directories getting changes made LIVE when running the scripts even BEFORE adding to the .ini

I didn't know atrac17 took anything MiSTer related down, but my settings changed to not reference what no longer works, so I am at a loss. Maybe update_all needs a change to remove any options that now lead to nowhere/outdated links?
I don't follow this Mad_db stuff so that may be my confusion how that works. I am not ungrateful in any way - just baffled being that all scripts (including this one) made life easier for me vs this one exception in its current form.